National Space Centre
Head of Marketing & Business Development
In 2021, I joined the National Space Centre as Head of Marketing and Business Development, which I regularly refer to as the best job in the known universe.
My role encompasses production of sales collateral, developing ideas for expanding into new markets and services. Quite a lot of it is spent explaining to engineers that normal people don’t know what asimuth is and that we are just going to call it rotation.
Particularly fun stuff includes:
- Hosting the NSC’s inaugural Artist in Residence programme and welcoming over 600 visitors to the exhibition on our first Open Campus Day;
- Website development for six brands, including video assets.
- Logo and brand re-development (ongoing);
- Targeted PR and press releases resulting in over 100 pieces of local and national press including RTE Primetime, Drivetime, the Irish Times and Silicon Republic;
- Social media strategy and management;
- Metrics and reporting.
I am fortunate both to work from home and to flexibly set my own hours, granting me availability for select, non-competing freelance projects.